Zeus wild herbs ( Cretan Mountain Tea) are hand picked in the slopes of Dicti Mountains where is located and the Dicti Cave the place where Zeus born. These mountains are loved by the Cretans and on their slopes one can encounter rare species of birds and animals like the kri-kri wild goat.
The tea is packaged as loose tea, not as tea bags. Unlike most teas, the flavor is enhanced by boiling the leaves and flowers. For a 10-ounce or 1.5 cup serving:
- Place 12 ounces of water in a pan on the stove for a 10-ounce (1.5 cup) serving of tea. Some of the water will evaporate. Bring the water to boiling.
- Add a handful of dried leaves and flowers to the pan for every 1.5 cups of water.
- Cover the pan.
- Allow the tea to boil for 3 to 5 minutes depending on your strength preference.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the tea steep for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour the tea mixture through a strainer directly into your cup